St. Mary's RC Langley

Q/. What are the school day timings?

A/. 8.50am - 3pm for Reception to Year Six children, 8.30-11.30am and 12.30 -3pm for Nursery children.

Q/. What do I do if my child is late to school?

A/. If your child is late for school, even by a few minutes, it is vital that you go to the School Office. This is not just so that we can monitor punctuality, but is essential for fire safety and security.

Q/. How do I report my child's absence from school?

A/. Please telephone the school on 0161 643 7594 as soon as possible and on each day of your child’s absence from school; we have a dedicated answering service where you can leave a message. It is very important that you let us know your child’s symptoms so that we can monitor any possible epidemics. Please send a letter of explanation to school on your child's return.

Q/. How much does school dinner money cost?

A/.From September all Key stage 1 children will receive free school dinners. For the remaining children It’s £1.95 per day. All cheques should be made to be made payable to school. Please write your child’s name and class on the reverse.

Q/. Can I take my child out of school for a holiday during term time?

A/. No. No holiday will be authorised during term time. Any absences (other than through illness) will be recorded as unauthorised and you may incur a fixed penalty fine and risk your child losing their place at our school.

Q/. How will I be informed if there is an enforced school closure?

A/. We have a text messaging service where we can text all parents who have a registered; please ensure you keep us informed if your number changes. You can also check our website for updates: and the Rochdale website.

Q/. What do I do if my child is prescribed medication?

A/. Parents can arrange to come into school to administer medication to their own children if necessary. Only medicines prescribed by a doctor can be administered by the school. Antibiotic doses that are administered 3 times a day should be given before and after school and at bedtime. If the medicine is required 4 times a day please ask in the office for staff to give any additional required dose. For long term or on going medication, parents are asked to complete and sign a medication request form. Children with asthma, severe allergies, etc keep their medication in the Medical Room; these are given by a First Aid trained member of staff.

Q/. How long before my child can return to school after an illness?

A/. In the case of vomiting and diarrhoea your child should be well for 24-48 hours before they return to school. If you are unsure please call us.

Q/. What do I do if I need to see a teacher?

A/. Teachers are normally available for brief enquiries after school. If you need a longer appointment, please contact your child's teacher or the office staff who will be happy to arrange this for you.

© Copyright 2014–2019 St. Mary's RC Langley