16 April 2019
St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Primary and Nursery School
Deputy Head teacher
Group: 3 with 427 on roll plus 48 in nursery
Salary: L10 to L14
Required for: September 2019 or earlier
The Governors, staff, pupils and parents of our school are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and forward thinking Deputy headteacher who will continue the school’s mission established over many years whilst moving the school forward to its next phase of development.
St. Mary’s is a Catholic school whose mission is to be at the heart of the parish and work in partnership with parents to provide outstanding learning opportunities and enable every child to reach and exceed their potential in the image of Christ.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a committed and practising Roman Catholic who is a clear witness to their faith and will develop even further the Catholic ethos of the school.
- Be committed to building an exceptional and caring learning environment where all members of the school community can thrive.
- Model and lead strategic thinking through challenge, innovation and inspiration whilst building on the many successes over many years.
- Challenge and empower staff to be the best they can be.
- Communicate effectively, inspire, motivate and empower a love of learning for all within our community.
- Continue to develop the respectful and inclusive ethos of our school.
We can offer:
- Fantastic, well-motivated children who are eager to learn and want to do well for themselves.
- A very professional and dedicated teaching and support staff who are committed to continued professional development and formation, and achieving the highest standards as the school continues its journey to outstanding.
- Supportive, ambitious, and active governors who are committed to making a difference for every individual child.
- St. Mary’s school is a member of the Rochdale Catholic Schools’ Improvement Alliance made up of 13 Catholic Primary schools across the Rochdale LA. As a Catholic family of schools, we have joined together with a shared vision and mission; to journey together in faith, to achieve excellence for our children and communities through; collaboration, high expectations and ambition, respect, inspiration, support and trust.
Visits to school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 0161 643 7594.
An application pack is available on this website or from https://www.stmarysrcmidd.rochdale.sch.uk
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 13th May 2019 at noon.
Shortlisting will take place on: Thursday 16th May 2019
Interviews will take place on: Thursday 23rd May
St. Mary’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects that all staff and volunteers share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check and background check and Childcare Disqualification Check.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and service users and provide advice in accurate spoken English is an essential requirement of this post.